“The World is Metallic”
I live for this stuff!!! Actually, I don’t really like travel (especially since I just got married), but I love tradeshows. Last week we had our best show in years. The energy and positive outlook from exhibitors and buyers alike was refreshing and frankly, a little surprising.
The SGIA show is reporting 22,000 registered (including exhibitors & attendees) which is an all-time record for the show. And we at Roland DG are reporting a record number of leads gathered and a record amount of enthusiasm around the office. Here are a few highlights from my own perspective.
Born To Wrap Live Demonstration
- Roland DG Fanatics were EVERYWHERE. I went to the show hoping to find a few owners who would speak to me on camera about their Roland DG experience… and in fact, there was no shortage of Roland DG fanatics on the show floor and even in the hotel elevator. Several were GREAT sports and let me video tape them.
- Roland DG printers were EVERYWHERE. Over 15 partners and resellers were showing off Roland DG equipment in their booth. There were so many, that we did a show floor tour on video highlighting all the Roland DG equipment on display OUTSIDE of our booth. They all thought the show was great too.
- What was hot in our booth? Vehicle wraps of course. The live Born to Wrap demos in our booth were packed at every session. And attendees had lots of one-on-one time to ask questions of Matt and Dallas from Digital EFX, the Roland DG wrap experts. I even met a few of our www.facebook.com/restyling fans in person.
- The LEC-540 VersaUV was also very hot, specifically among screen printers. In fact, it had such a large crowd, we moved it the front of the booth after day 1. For those who need to print on odd substrates (printed membrane panels or durable decals), the LEC-540 is perfect. It can even print on semi-rigid board.
- And of course, Silver metallic inkjet printing was SUPER hot. So many people are excited about printing white and metallic on a VersaCAMM. I especially liked this testimonial… this gentleman has a grant to buy a VersaCAMM with metallic and will be using it to start a sign and apparel company with kids from the community center. Making a profit and changing lives, all at the same time. (Wish I knew his name)
Roland DGA Staff at SGIA 2010
Those are the highlights from this exhausted, but energized show girl. 2010 is turning out to be a great year for us. We only have 5 more shows for the year (FIVE!?!?!?!). Who will be visiting us at these 5 shows? Meet me at our booth and I’ll make you famous.