DWX-4 4-Axis Dental Milling Machine
Replacing the Collet
Recommended Replacement Interval
- When scratches or rust appears on the tapered portion of the collet
- If the collet is deformed
Remove the old collet.
Refer to P. 28 "Collet Maintenance" to remove the old collet.
Clean the inside of the spindle (where contact with the collet is made) with the taper cleaner. Rotate the taper cleaner left and right as if you are brushing the inner portion of the spindle
- Lightly apply grease to the tapered portion on the outside of the new collet.A thin application is sufficient. Do not apply excessively.
- Assemble the collet, collet replacement jig, and collet tap as shown in the figure, and then insert this assembly into the spindle.
- While gently pressing the collet tap up into the hole, rotate the collet replacement jig in the direction indicated in the figure to tighten the collet.Keep rotating until the collet replacement jig will not rotate any more.The collet will be subjected to com-pressed air. Be careful to prevent the collet from falling out.
- Attach the collet replacement jig and the collet tap.
- Close the front cover.
- Replacing the collet is complete once the mes-sage in the figure is displayed.Click [OK].