Need More Reasons to Choose the MDX-40A? Get the Facts.
Roland’s new MDX-40A SRP 3D milling machine offers several advantages over 3D printers and other rapid prototyping systems:
- Lower cost of ownership – Affordable pricing, no annual maintenance fees and low material costs will save you thousands over alternative RP systems.
|Comparable 3D Printer vs Roland MDX-40A||Comparable 3D Printer2||Roland MDX-40A|
|Build Area||8 x 6 x 6||12 x 12 x 4
4.7 dia x 10.6
|Warranty||90 days||1 year|
|Machine Purchase Price||$14,900||$7,995|
|Accessories/options/support removal bath||$3,000||$4,755|
|Purchase Price Sub Total||$17,900||$12,750|
|Annual Material Cost1 - Finishing costs (binders, fillers, support removal solutions, support removal tools, etc)||$2,592||$432|
|Annual Cost Sub-Total||$4,092||$432|
|5 year maintenance & material cost||$20,460||$2,160|
|Total 5 year cost of ownership||$38,360||$14,915|
|5 year savings over comparable 3D printer||$23,445|
|1 Material Cost Calculator|
|Estimated cost/cubic inch||$6||$1|
|Average cu/in per part||12||12|
|Average cost per part||$72||$12|
|Parts per year||36||36|
|Total annual material cost||$2592||$432|
2 Information correct at time of printing
- Support for a wider range of materials – Choose from ABS, acrylic, chemical woods, plaster, styrene, Acetal, Nylon and FDA approved plastics.
- Tighter tolerances – The MDX-40A delivers the exact precision required. By contrast, additive systems lay down material in layers, and the tolerances are limited by the thickness of these layers.
- Smoother surface finish - When viewed side by side, the difference is clear.
Materials Used: Acetal Copolymer (MDX-40A) ABS based material (Additive machine)
- The MDX-40A comes complete with SRP Player Software to prepare your CAD model for SRP prototyping.