Terms & Conditions of Standard Limited Warranty Program
Roland DGA Corporation (“Roland”) warrants to the original end-user purchaser (“You”) that your eligible Roland product conforms to Roland’s published specifications, and is free from defects in materials or workmanship, subject to the conditions of warranty listed below. The duration of this warranty is one year from date of delivery.
How to obtain service
If you experience problems with your Roland product during the applicable warranty period, contact the Roland Authorized Dealer (“Dealer”) who sold you the product to obtain product support and attempt to resolve the problem over the phone. If the problem cannot be resolved by product support from your Dealer, your Dealer will: assist you with obtaining the necessary Return Material Authorization (“RMA”) and provide you with instructions on returning your product to the proper Roland Authorized Service Center; or, for certain products, arrange on-site warranty service to perform repairs covered by this warranty. Note: You must also promptly notify Roland in writing as further described below.
When contacting your Dealer, Authorized Service Center or Roland, please be prepared to provide the service technician with the model and serial number of your product, the name and address of the dealer from whom you purchased the product, and the date of purchase. You may also be required to provide proof of purchase to obtain warranty service.
For the name of your nearest Roland Dealer or Roland Service Center call (800) 542-2307 or visit www.rolanddga.com/dealers.
What is covered
In the event that your Roland product proves defective during the applicable warranty period Roland, will correct any failure of the product to conform to specifications or any defect in material or workmanship, with either new or used replacement parts. If Roland is unable to repair the product to conform to the warranty, Roland, at its sole discretion, shall either replace any defective component part or hardware product.
Any replacement product or parts installed during the warranty period are warrantied for the balance of the original warranty period. Any replaced product or parts becomes Roland property.
This warranty extends only to those products purchased and used within North America and South America (excluding Brazil) and which were initially purchased by You from Roland or from a Roland authorized dealer.
This warranty extends only to eligible Roland hardware devices, including applicable Roland Inkjet Printers, Printer/Cutters, Cutters, Engravers, Impact Printers, and 3D/Scanning/Milling Machines. This warranty does not cover Roland software, ink, media products, consumables, other non-hardware products, or non-Roland branded products or components that may be bundled with Roland products, all of which may have their own applicable warranties.
What is not covered
The following items are expressly excluded from warranty coverage:
- Defects in printers or printer/cutters related, in any way, to the use of any non-Roland inks or ink cartridges, or non-Roland media.
- Service related to routine maintenance, or the replacement of any part designated by Roland in published documentation as a "consumable part," which is the end-user's responsibility.
- Defects related to third-party applications, software, parts, components, or peripheral devices, including any bulk ink system.
- Defects that are merely cosmetic in nature.
- Defects related to misuse, abuse, accident, neglect, lack of use, or improper storage when not in use for extended periods.
- Defects related to: failure to perform periodic maintenance as specified in the user documentation; operation for unintended purposes; operation outside of Roland’s site specifications or user documentation; or operation beyond the usage parameters stated in the product’s user documentation, including the specified Duty Cycle rating, or if no duty cycle is specified, production operation in excess of 60 hours per week or 3,000 hours per year.
- Defects in print heads if any of the individual print head segments exceed 6 billion shots.
- Defects related to improper loading of media.
- Defects related to service performed by anyone other than a Roland Authorized Technician.
- Acts of God or other events or conditions outside Roland’s control, including disasters such as fire, flood, lightning, improper electrical currents, etc.
- Service of products that are located beyond a 200-mile radius of the nearest Roland Authorized Dealer, or when the product is otherwise located outside the sales territories established by Roland.
- Service if the product label, logo, rating label or serial number has been tampered with or removed.
- All other defects, failures or damage not considered manufacturing defects.
For any services provided for products which are not covered by warranty, or if a claimed defect cannot be identified or replicated during warranty service, You will be billed on a time and materials basis.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Limitations of Liability and Remedies; Notification Requirements; Time Limits
Neither Roland nor its affiliates shall be liable for any loss, inconvenience, or damage, including special, incidental or consequential damages, including, lost profits, cost of substitute equipment, lost media/ink, downtime, claims of third parties, including customers, or injury to property resulting from the use or inability to use this product, whether resulting from breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence, strict tort or any other legal theory. Roland’s liability with respect to products proved to its satisfaction to be defective within the applicable warranty period shall be limited to repair or replacement as provided in the foregoing information, or, in extraordinary cases, at Roland’s sole discretion, the return of the product with full refund of the purchase price. These repair, replace, or refund remedies are your exclusive remedies for breach of warranty.
No claims shall be asserted against Roland or its affiliates, unless the failure or defect giving rise to the claim is sustained prior to the expiration of the warranty period specified herein. If you discover within the applicable warranty period a failure of the product to conform to specifications or a defect in material or workmanship, that is not able to be remedied over the phone with your local authorized Dealer, You must promptly notify Roland in writing. In no event shall such notification be received by Roland later than 13 months from the date of delivery. Any suit or action for breach of warranty must be commenced and filed in a court of competent jurisdiction within 18 months following delivery of the product.
These limitations apply whether damages are sought, or a claim made, under this warranty or as a tort claim (including negligence and strict product liability), a contract claim, or any other claim. These limitations cannot be waived or amended by any person. These limitations of liability and remedies will be effective even if Roland or an authorized representative of Roland has been advised by You of the possibility of any such damages. These limitations of liability and remedies, however, will not apply to claims for personal injury.
Applicability of Warranty
This Limited Warranty is the complete and exclusive understanding between the parties, superseding all prior agreements, oral or written, and all other communications between the parties relating to the subject matter of this Agreement. No Roland representative, Dealer or other person is authorized to make any representations or statements, which are inconsistent with this Limited Warranty or the product's specifications. Any such representations or statements are void.
This Limited Warranty gives You specific legal rights, and You may also have other rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. You are advised to consult applicable laws in your jurisdiction for a full determination of your rights.
To the extent that this Warranty Statement is inconsistent with local law, this Warranty Statement shall be deemed modified to be consistent with such local law. THE WARRANTY TERMS CONTAINED IN THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT LAWFULLY PERMITTED, DO NOT EXCLUDE, RESTRICT OR MODIFY AND ARE IN ADDITION TO THE MANDATORY STATUTORY RIGHTS, IF ANY, APPLICABLE TO THE SALE OF THIS PRODUCT TO YOU.
Allocation of Risks
This Warranty Statement allocates the risks of product failure between Roland and You. This allocation is recognized by both parties and is reflected in the price of the products. You, as the purchaser of the product, acknowledge that You have read this Warranty Statement, understand it, and are bound by its terms.