Cause - This is likely caused by the Visual Studio (Visual c++) version on the computer.
- Update the Visual Studio version on the computer using this link: Windows Support Page - Visual C++ Downloads: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads Under "Visual Studio 2015, 2017, and 2019", use vc_redist.x64.exe for 64-bit operating systems (more common), and vc_redist.x86.exe if you have a 32-bit operating system
If necessary, uninstall VersaWorks 6
1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features > Uninstall or Change a Program
2. Select Versaworks > Uninstall
3. Select Profile Package > Uninstall
4. You can delay the restart if it asks you because you are going to delete one more thing:
5. Go to This PC > Local Disk/C: Drive > Program Files > Versaworks <-- Delete that entire folder
6. In the File Explorer window, go to the "View" tab, Check the box that says "Hidden Items"
7. Go to This PC > Local Disk/C: Drive > Program Data > Roland DG Versaworks <--Delete that entire folder
8. Restart your computer.
3. Install VersaWorks 6.2.4 (or higher)
1. Download Part VW_Installer.part1.exe, VW_Installer.part2.rar, and VW_Installer.part3.rar from this website: https://vw.rolanddg.com/en/hfuefb4wt.html
2. Once all three files are downloaded they should save into the Downloads folder on your computer.
3. Create a new folder on your Desktop and name it "Versaworks 6".
4. Select the three downloads from your Downloads folder and drag them into the new folder on your Desktop.
5. Open the folder and double-click on VW_Installer.part1.exe to begin the installation.
6. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.