Inkjet Extended Warranties FAQ
Inkjet Extended Warranties
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a difference if I purchase the extended warranty through my dealer or directly from Roland?
- Labor, Travel & Parts
- Print Heads [value of $895 - $2,400/ea.]
- Boards [value of $1,521 - $2,628/ea.]
- Pumps [value of $73 - $99ea.]
- Motors [value of $288 - $840/ea.]
- Damper [value of $28 - $44.40/ea.]
- Cartridge Holder [value of $136.50/ea.]
- Power Unit [value of $387.50 - $630/ea.]
- VS/XR/XF model Cap Top [value of $77.10]
- Shipping cost on select models if any unit needs to be returned to Roland's service center for repairs
- Consumables: wiper blades, cutter pad, pinch rollers, sponges, wiper pads, wiper scrapers, and media clamps.
- A print head damaged by misuse, neglect, accident or modification. Example: head crash/strike caused by misuse of media or media clamps.
- Cap tops for all models except VSi.
- Non-service level (User level) calibrations.
- Parts that have reached the end of their lifecycle, and parts that have worn out from use, including print heads.
The Plan covers all parts and labor, including print heads (subject to restrictions). Consumables and customer replacement items are not included.
You can purchase a service contract through your dealer or directly from Roland. Regardless of where you purchase your service contract, the benefits will remain the same.
Contracts can be purchased annually for up to three years.
Roland Service Contracts are offered in 1 year increments. We will cover our printers for a maximum of 5 years - including the original standard coverage plus extended coverage. Multiple year extensions are available upon request.
No, your coverage begins upon expiration of any existing coverage. If your printer was recertified because it was out of warranty, the coverage will be pro-rated back to the expiration of the original warranty/contract.
Your local Roland Authorized Dealer will be servicing your printer. The average response time ranges from 24 to 48 hours.
During a PM visit the dealer will install mist filters, wipers for the heads, scrapers, and cap tops. The dealer will also assess the overall condition of the unit and perform any other required warranty-covered services during the visit.
Gold Plan benefits include two PM visits, scheduled during the 6th & 11th month of the warranty. Platinum Plan benefits include two PM visits, scheduled during the 4th, 8th & 11th month of the warranty.
Roland waives the tuition fee for a value of up to $549. You will be responsible for all transportation costs, lodging fees and meals not offered during the workshop.
The Roland Care Service Contract does not cover damage caused by third party inks or ink systems. It also does not cover any damage caused by the use of non-Roland DGA ink cartridges, third-party software, applications, parts, components or peripheral devices added to the product after its shipment from Roland.
A Roland Service Contract can generally be purchased without inspection for up to 30 days after the expiration of the existing warranty or contract. If the printer has been out of coverage for longer than 30 days, but less than 90 days, a full inspection and report is required by the servicing dealer in order to renew the contract. A printer is only eligible for a contract or contract extension within 90 days after the existing coverage has expired. The coverage period begins on the original coverage expiration date.
No, warranties and service contracts are not transferable.
Unfortunately Roland requires the entire amount at the time of purchase. However, you may want to inquire with your local dealer in regards to a payment plan.
- Yes, Roland machines are reliable. But what if something were to go wrong? You can rest assured that your business is safe and you don't have to spend extra money to get back up and running.
- No unexpected repair costs.
- Peace of mind knowing your machine is covered.
- Roland-trained technicians using genuine Roland parts
- No third party technicians here! Our dealers get trained and certified to work on Roland printers. Your machine is safe in their hands.
- Same as the manufacturer's warranty
- No fine print. If you are a Roland inkjet owner and using Roland ink, you will get the same service coverage as you did during the original limited warranty period.
- Freedom of choice Once you have a Roland Service Contract, it is valid with all Roland Dealers.
You bet! You can purchase your Roland Service Contract at the time of your purchase and your coverage won't begin until the original warranty runs out.