Roland PrintStudio 2.0 by Caldera RIP Software
Roland PrintStudio by Caldera $1,099 US*
* U.S. only. For Canada, Latin America and Caribbean pricing, please call (949) 727-2100, or contact an Authorized Roland Dealer in your area.
Roland PrintStudio by Caldera is a powerful RIP and print management software designed for Mac OS users that's packed full of advanced features for demanding graphic and business requirements. It ensures high-end output with a powerful Adobe® PDF Print Engine and ICC profiling tools, while reducing design and processing time with automated preset options and template-driven tiling.
Featuring easy and advanced tools to reduce media waste and streamline workflows, PrintStudio helps users deliver on spec, on time, every time.
Work Quickly and Acurately with PDF Files
At the heart of RPS software is the Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE 4) that allows users to work quickly and accurately with native PDF files. It features 64-bit processing to deliver super-fast image processing and operation, and to eliminate common problems often associated with layers and transparencies.
Advanced Workflow Functionalities
Adding unlimited hot folders and other automated features save time and help users create their own streamlined workflow. Select a preset with one-click to build user-defined printer settings, such as ICC profile, print resolution, copies, and more.
In addition to hot folders, other advanced workflow tools include an image bar that stores and sorts images for quick access.
Ultimate Color Control
Multiple PrintStudio features provide color accuracy that's second-to-none. Industry standard color libraries including all RAL, HKS and Pantone® color swatches are supported, as well as low-cost color spectrophotometers.
The Roland Color & Metallic System Libraries provide hundreds of accurate spot colors. In addition, advanced features for special color generation (Wh/Gl/Mt) ensure perfect pixel-to-pixel registration and impressive color output.
Quote, Template, Print
A speedy quotation process is essential. With PrintStudio, production estimates are made easier via a built-in cost calculator that determines ink and media costs. For repeat orders, users can create templates for ultra-fast production layouts. These could include templates for jigs, photo picture mounts, vehicle wraps and much more.
Other efficiency tools include powerful nesting tools that feature contour nesting to minimize media waste and manage your consumable costs, and the ability to output to two printer/cutters or printers, plus a cutter simultaneously.
ICC Profile Creation
- Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE 4) for native rendering
- Full 64-bit support maximizes the operating systems available resources for blisteringly fast RIP speeds
- Output to two Roland devices plus a cutter simultaneously
- Unlimited presets for maximum automation of the RIP functionality
- A sophisticated spooler function enables quick reprints and access to historical settings
- Image bar stores and sorts images for quick access
- Step and repeat function with enhanced features to assist with bleed and cropping
- All RAL, HKS and Pantone color swatches, including metallic are supported along with low-cost color spectrophotometers
- Roland Color & Metallic System Libraries provide hundreds of accurate spot colors
- Roland Profile Centre provides a library of ready-made media profiles
- Create ICC profiles using the powerful integrated profile creation engine
- Create speciality colours from CMYK data for perfect pixel-to-pixel registration
- Built-in calculator for both ink and media costs allow easy quotations
- Template-driven tiling for reduced design time and effective media consumption
- Create individual templates for fast production layouts
- Application Guide tool to help installers with large-scale tiled prints or vehicle wraps
- Powerful nesting tools to minimize media usage
- New blur & bleed functions remove the risk of white lines at cutting edges
- Print custom grommet locations for accurate post-print finishing
- Supports files up to 1TB