Section 179 Tax Deduction Savings are Back!
Save up-to $7,698.25* on a VG2.
Calculate your Savings
*Estimated 35% Tax Bracket
TrueVIS VG2-640, VG2-540 Large-Format Inkjet Printer/Cutters
- Featuring new inks and color modes for detailed color reproduction
- Increased print/cut accuracy and smart new automated pinch rollers
- 3M™ MCS™ Warranty and Avery Dennison™ ICS™ Warranty Program certified for added print confidence
Add More Detail, Color and Excitement to Your Applications
Control Your Color
or Let it Loose with New TR2 Ink
Get detailed color results or create bold, vivid graphics with TR2 inks. With three different configurations in CMYK, plus additional Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Light Black, White or Orange or new Green ink*, you have more color freedom and control than ever before. The addition of Green or Orange Ink also means that you can consistently reproduce specific brand colors for your clients and customers. TR2 ink is GREENGUARD Gold certified for indoor air quality.
*Green ink configuration available on installation of new devices only and must be selected at time of purchase. Contact authorized Roland DGA dealer for details
Print with Extra-Confidence with New Ink Certifications
Global print material providers, 3M and Avery Dennison are now offering warranty coverage for graphics printed with the VG2 and TR2 ink— with Avery Dennison offering warranty coverage for same day print, lamination and wrapping.
The combination of VG2 and new TR2* ink is certified for long-lasting results under the 3M™ MCS™ Warranty. It provides your customers with assurance of the quality and reliability of their graphics.
*The 3M™ MCS™ Warranty covers printing onto 3M products with standard TR2 inks.
The VG2 with new TR2** ink is also certified by Avery Dennison’s ICS Performance Guarantee which provides added protection and warrants prints for same-day lamination.
**The Avery Dennison™ ICS Performance Guarantee covers printing onto Avery Dennison products with standard TR2 inks.
The VG2 is turning up machine efficiency with faster job setup time and sequence, reduced ink maintenance consumption, and other productivity features.
|New Media Take-Up
An included TUC4 take up system offers two modes to expertly handle everything from thin films to heavy canvas materials and providing take-up stability for a smooth post process.
Nozzle Mask Function
If a nozzle on the printhead is misfiring, you can minimize printer downtime with the ability to turn off a specific nozzle band to allow continued production.
|Roland DG Mobile Panel
Bluetooth enabled printer management allows you to test print, clean and troubleshoot your VG2 from your tablet or smartphone.
Roland DGA’s Industry-Leading Warranty and Support
For over 35 years, Roland DGA has provided industry professionals with the most advanced and reliable machines, backed by unmatched customer service and technical support. The VG2 is supplied with a Two-Year Trouble-Free Warranty to give you added peace-of-mind and machine support.
To receive a free print sample from the TrueVIS2 VG2 , complete the form below and click Submit.
|Printing method||Piezo ink-jet method|
|Media||Width||12.4 to 64 in. (315 to 1,625 mm)||10.8 to 54 in. (275 to 1,371 mm)|
|Thickness||Max. 39 mil (1.0 mm) with liner, for printing
Max. 16 mil (0.4 mm) with liner and 9 mil (0.22 mm) without liner, for cutting
|Roll outer diameter||Max. 8.3 in. (210 mm )|
|Roll weight||Max. 88 lb. (40 kg)||Max. 66 lb. (30 kg)|
|Core diameter (*1)||3 in. (76.2 mm) or 2 in. (50.8 mm)|
|Printing/cutting width (*2)||Max. 63 in. (1,600 mm)||Max. 53 in. (1,346 mm)|
|Ink||Type||TrueVIS INK 500 ml pouch (only white 250 ml)|
|Colors||8 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Light Black, Orange, Green, and White)
8 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Light Black, and White)
8 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Light Black, and Orange)
7 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Light Black, Orange and Green)
4 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black)
|Printing resolution (dots per inch)||Max. 1200 dpi|
|Cutting speed||0.4 to 11.8 in/s (10 to 300 mm/s)|
|Blade force (*3)||30 to 500 gf|
|Blade||Type||Roland CAMM-1 series blade|
|Offset||0.0 to 59.1 mil (0.000 to 1.500 mm)|
|Software resolution (when cutting)||0.98 mil/step (0.025 mm/step)|
|Distance accuracy (when printing) (*4) (*5)||Error of less than ±0.3% of distance traveled or ±11.8 mil (±0.3 mm), whichever is greater|
|Distance accuracy (when cutting) (*4)||Error of less than ±0.4% of distance traveled or ±11.8 mil (±0.3 mm), whichever is greater
When distance correction has been performed (when the setting for [CUTTING MENU] - [CALIBRATION] has been made): Error of less than ±0.2% of distance traveled or ±3.9 mil (±0.1 mm), whichever is greater
|Repeatability (when cutting) (*4) (*6)||±3.9 mil (±0.1 mm) or less|
|Alignment accuracy for printing and cutting (*4) (*7)||±19.7 mil (±0.5 mm) or less|
|Alignment accuracy for printing and cutting when reloading media (*4) (*8)||Error of less than ±0.5% of distance traveled, or ±0.2 in. (±3 mm), whichever is greater|
|Media heating system (*9)||Print heater set temperature: 86 to 112°F (30 to 45°C)
Dryer set temperature: 30 to 50°C (86 to 122°F)
|Connectivity||Ethernet (100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T, automatic switching)|
|Power-saving function||Automatic sleep feature|
|Power requirements||AC 100 to 120 V ±10%, 8.0 A, 50/60 Hz or
AC 220 to 240 V ±10%, 4.1 A, 50/60 Hz
|Power consumption||During operation||Approx. 1,090 W|
|Sleep mode||Approx. 40 W|
|Acoustic noise level||During operation||63 dB (A) or less|
|During standby||53 dB (A) or less|
|Dimensions (with stand)||116 [W] × 28.8 [D] × 51.6 [H] in.
(2,945 (W) × 730 (D) × 1,310 (H) mm)
|105.8 [W] × 28.8 [D] × 51.6 [H] in.
(2,685 (W) × 730 (D) × 1,310 (H) mm)
|Weight (with stand)||451.9 lb. (204 kg)||421 lb. (188 kg)|
|Environment||During operation||Temperature: 68 to 90°F (20 to 32°C),
Humidity: 35 to 80%RH (no condensation)
|Not operating||Temperature: 41 to 104°F (5 to 40°C),
Humidity: 20 to 80%RH (no condensation)
|Included items||Dedicated stands, power cord, media clamps, media holders, replacement blade for separating knife, manuals, etc.|
- *1 The media holders of this machine are designed to be used exclusively with media that has a paper tube (core) with an inner diameter of 3 inches. To use 2-inch media, the optional media flanges are required.
- *2 The length of printing or cutting is subject to the limitations of the program.
- 500 gf is the maximum instantaneous blade force.
- The blade force must be adjusted according to details such as the media thickness.
- Media type: Media specified by Roland DG Corporation
- Temperature: 25°C (77°F), humidity: 50%RH
- Roll media must be loaded correctly.
- Applicable when all pinch rollers that can be used with the media width are used.
- Side margins: 25 mm (1.0 in.) or more for both the left and right margins
- Excluding expansion/contraction of the media
- Not assured when the print heater or dryer is used.
- Assumes all correction and adjustment functions of the machine have been used properly.
- *5 Print travel: 1 m (39.4 in.)
- [PREFEED] menu item must be set to "ENABLE."
- Range for assured repetition accuracy
- For media with a width exceeding 610 mm (24.0 in.): Length: 4,000 mm (157.5 in.)
- For media with a width of 610 mm (24.0 in.) or less: Length: 8,000 mm (315.0 in.)
- Provided that the media feed length is 3,000 mm (118.1 in.) or less
- Excludes the effects of slanted movement and of expansion and contraction of the media
- Data size:
- 64-inch model: 1,000 mm (39.4 in.) in the media-feed direction, 1,600 mm (63.0 in.) in the carriage-movement direction
- 54-inch model: 1,000 mm (39.4 in.) in the media-feed direction, 1,346 mm (53.0 in.) in the carriage-movement direction
- No lamination
- Automatic detection of crop marks at 4 points when media is reloaded
- During cutting, [PREFEED] menu item must be set to "ENABLE."
- Excluding possible shift caused by expansion/contraction of the media and/or by reloading the media.
- Data size:
- Warm-up is required after power up. This may require 5 to 20 minutes, depending on the operating environment.
- Depending on the ambient temperature and media width, the preset temperature may fail to be reached.