NEW TrafficWorks™ Traffic Sign Printer Solution
*U.S. only. For Canada, Latin America and Caribbean pricing, please contact an Authorized Roland DGA Dealer in your area.
** For 60 months, OAC
Create a new revenue source for your sign shop or bring all of your regulatory, guide, warning, and construction signage in-house with Roland DGA TrafficWorks™, the traffic sign printer solution from Roland DGA. Print and cut traffic signage on reflective media with a simple and cost-effective solution that offers all the tools and training you need to start making traffic signage a successful part of your business.
- A TrueVIS VG2 series machine with a full set of TR2 inks in CMYK+Lc+Lm+Lk+Or, ORALITE® 5900 media roll, 5061 lamination, and a DU2 dryer unit
- Printed traffic sign colors are compliant* with ASTM guidelines and MUTCD standards
- Roland DGA TrafficWorks™ compliance training to become a certified traffic signs and graphics producer
*Six of the seven standard traffic sign colors are compliant: Red, Brown, Green, Blue, Black and Orange. If Yellow compliance is required, printing directly on ORALITE 5900 Yellow material is recommended.
Add a Whole New Source
of Revenue to Your Business
Customize Your TrafficWorks Kit
to Suit Your Business
Get the Full Kit
with a VG2 and Dryer Unit
If you don’t currently own a TrueVIS VG2 series printer/cutter or a dryer unit, you can purchase a full kit to get you producing and profiting in traffic signage.
Get compliance training and become a certified traffic signs and graphics provider.2
Already Own a VG2?
If you already own a TrueVIS VG2 series printer/cutter with dryer unit, and 7-color + Or Ink, we have a solution kit for you.
Get compliance training and become a certified traffic signs and graphics provider. 2
1Purchases of kits without the DU2 dryer also available.
2Training course included with every purchase of Roland DGA TrafficWorks.
See your dealer for upgrade kit pricing.
|Printing method||Piezo ink-jet method|
|Media||Width||12.4 to 64 in. (315 to 1,625 mm)||10.8 to 54 in. (275 to 1,371 mm)|
|Thickness||Max. 39 mil (1.0 mm) with liner, for printing
Max. 16 mil (0.4 mm) with liner and 9 mil (0.22 mm) without liner, for cutting
|Roll outer diameter||Max. 8.3 in. (210 mm )|
|Roll weight||Max. 88 lb. (40 kg)||Max. 66 lb. (30 kg)|
|Core diameter (*1)||3 in. (76.2 mm) or 2 in. (50.8 mm)|
|Printing/cutting width (*2)||Max. 63 in. (1,600 mm)||Max. 53 in. (1,346 mm)|
|Ink||Type||TrueVIS INK 500 ml pouch (only white 250 ml)|
|Colors||8 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Light Black, and White)
8 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Light Cyan, Light Magenta, Light Black, and Orange)
4 colors (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black)
|Printing resolution (dots per inch)||Max. 1200 dpi|
|Cutting speed||0.4 to 11.8 in/s (10 to 300 mm/s)|
|Blade force (*3)||30 to 500 gf|
|Blade||Type||Roland CAMM-1 series blade|
|Offset||0.0 to 59.1 mil (0.000 to 1.500 mm)|
|Software resolution (when cutting)||0.98 mil/step (0.025 mm/step)|
|Distance accuracy (when printing) (*4) (*5)||Error of less than ±0.3% of distance traveled or ±11.8 mil (±0.3 mm), whichever is greater|
|Distance accuracy (when cutting) (*4)||Error of less than ±0.4% of distance traveled or ±11.8 mil (±0.3 mm), whichever is greater
When distance correction has been performed (when the setting for [CUTTING MENU] - [CALIBRATION] has been made): Error of less than ±0.2% of distance traveled or ±3.9 mil (±0.1 mm), whichever is greater
|Repeatability (when cutting) (*4) (*6)||±3.9 mil (±0.1 mm) or less|
|Alignment accuracy for printing and cutting (*4) (*7)||±19.7 mil (±0.5 mm) or less|
|Alignment accuracy for printing and cutting when reloading media (*4) (*8)||Error of less than ±0.5% of distance traveled, or ±0.2 in. (±3 mm), whichever is greater|
|Media heating system (*9)||Print heater set temperature: 86 to 112°F (30 to 45°C)
Dryer set temperature: 30 to 50°C (86 to 122°F)
|Connectivity||Ethernet (100BASE-TX/1000BASE-T, automatic switching)|
|Power-saving function||Automatic sleep feature|
|Power requirements||AC 100 to 120 V ±10%, 8.0 A, 50/60 Hz or
AC 220 to 240 V ±10%, 4.1 A, 50/60 Hz
|Power consumption||During operation||Approx. 1,090 W|
|Sleep mode||Approx. 40 W|
|Acoustic noise level||During operation||63 dB (A) or less|
|During standby||53 dB (A) or less|
|Dimensions (with stand)||116 [W] × 28.8 [D] × 51.6 [H] in.
(2,945 (W) × 730 (D) × 1,310 (H) mm)
|105.8 [W] × 28.8 [D] × 51.6 [H] in.
(2,685 (W) × 730 (D) × 1,310 (H) mm)
|Weight (with stand)||451.9 lb. (204 kg)||421 lb. (188 kg)|
|Environment||During operation||Temperature: 68 to 90°F (20 to 32°C),
Humidity: 35 to 80%RH (no condensation)
|Not operating||Temperature: 41 to 104°F (5 to 40°C),
Humidity: 20 to 80%RH (no condensation)
|Included items||Dedicated stands, power cord, media clamps, media holders, replacement blade for separating knife, manuals, etc.|
- The media holders of this machine are designed to be used exclusively with media that has a paper tube (core) with an inner diameter of 3 inches. To use 2-inch media, the optional media flanges are required.
- The length of printing or cutting is subject to the limitations of the program.
- 500 gf is the maximum instantaneous blade force.
- The blade force must be adjusted according to details such as the media thickness.
- Media type: Media specified by Roland DG Corporation
- Temperature: 25°C (77°F), humidity: 50%RH
- Roll media must be loaded correctly.
- Applicable when all pinch rollers that can be used with the media width are used.
- Side margins: 25 mm (1.0 in.) or more for both the left and right margins
- Excluding expansion/contraction of the media
- Not assured when the print heater or dryer is used.
- Assumes all correction and adjustment functions of the machine have been used properly.
- Print travel: 1 m (39.4 in.)
- [PREFEED] menu item must be set to "ENABLE."
- Range for assured repetition accuracy
- For media with a width exceeding 610 mm (24.0 in.): Length: 4,000 mm (157.5 in.)
- For media with a width of 610 mm (24.0 in.) or less: Length: 8,000 mm (315.0 in.)
- Provided that the media feed length is 3,000 mm (118.1 in.) or less
- Excludes the effects of slanted movement and of expansion and contraction of the media
- Data size:
- 64-inch model: 1,000 mm (39.4 in.) in the media-feed direction, 1,600 mm (63.0 in.) in the carriage-movement direction
- 54-inch model: 1,000 mm (39.4 in.) in the media-feed direction, 1,346 mm (53.0 in.) in the carriage-movement direction
- No lamination
- Automatic detection of crop marks at 4 points when media is reloaded
- During cutting, [PREFEED] menu item must be set to "ENABLE."
- Excluding possible shift caused by expansion/contraction of the media and/or by reloading the media.
- Data size:
- Warm-up is required after power up. This may require 5 to 20 minutes, depending on the operating environment.
- Depending on the ambient temperature and media width, the preset temperature may fail to be reached.