MDX-40A CNC Mill/CNC Machine
By starting with a solid object and removing unwanted material, Rolandís Subtractive Rapid Prototyping (SRP) solutions offer several advantages over 3D printers and other rapid prototyping systems.
The Roland MDX-40A CNC machine combines the advanced capabilities of a Subtractive Rapid Prototyping® (SRP) system with the ease-of-use of a benchtop CNC mill to provide product engineers and designers with a powerful 3D milling device. Offered at less than half the cost of additive systems, MDX-40A CNC mill produces affordable and highly accurate prototypes from a wide variety of non-proprietary materials with greater precision and excellent surface finish. Unlike other CNC machines used for rapid prototyping, the compact design of the MDX-40A is the perfect fit for any office and classroom space. It can even function as a CNC engraving machine.
What Our Users Are Saying...
The sky's the limit. Now I can carve with the same fluidity as casting.
Sculptor Andrew Werby, Berkeley, California
Rotary Axis Unit:
- Subtractive rapid prototyping technology:
- Creates accurate prototypes for complex snap-fit
- Proves part manufacturability better than additive methods
- Handles a wide variety of materials and generates a smooth surface finish
- CNC mill, bundled with 4-axis SRP Player CAM software makes it quick and easy to go from a CAD model to physical part or prototype
- Large 12” by 12” by 4.1” maximum work volume without rotary axis
- Optional rotary axis supports materials up to 10.6” long by 4.7” in diameter
- Virtual control panel offers additional functions
- Moves tool in vertical, horizontal and transverse directions, and to a user-specified position
- Adjusts the speed of cursor movements for easier origin setting
- Real-time cutting and spindle speed override capability
- Bundled Roland ClickMill™ software
- Surfaces materials, adds holes and rounds edges – all without 3D CAD file
- High speed 15,000 rpm spindle for creating detailed features with precision tools
- G-Code compatibility
- Emergency stop switch and machine cover for clean, quiet and safe work environment
- ZCL-40A rotary axis unit automatically positions parts for unattended 360-degree modeling
- Optional contact scanning unit digitizes physical parts for use in reverse engineering, product design, woodworking, archiving and more