Upgrade the Ink, Capabilities, and Cutting Power of Your VG
The multi-award-winning TrueVIS brand continues to evolve and improve— providing you with next level color reproduction, image quality, cutting efficiency, and media versatility. With the value-up program, you can upgrade the firmware on your TrueVIS VG series printer/cutter to make it compatible with the latest TR2 inks, print/cut functionalities, True Rich Color enhancements and other VG2 machine improvements.
It’s Easy to Value-Up Your VG
It’s important to note that you should only implement the firmware update on your VG if you have purchased the Value-Up Kit with corresponding TR2 ink set and your machine is ready to convert to the new ink and performance upgrade.
Only registered VG owners can value-up their machines to feature new generation TrueVIS enhancements.
If you haven’t registered your machine, you will be instructed to do so after entering your serial number.
Turn Up the Value on Your VG
When you value-up your VG, you’re not only changing your firmware to accept certified TR2 ink, but also upgrading many of the major functions and features of your machine.
TR2 Ink Compatibility for 3M and Avery Warranty Coverage
Upgrading to TR2 Ink certifies your print results on 3M and Avery Dennison media.
The 3M™ MCS™ Warranty covers printing onto 3M products with standard TR2 inks.
The Avery Dennison™ ICS™ Performance Gaurantee Program guarantees same day print, lamination and wrapping with standard TR2 inks.
A Wider Color Gamut with True Rich Color
With True Rich Color enhancement, your color output combines neutral grays with smooth gradations and detailed skin tones to offer results that are ultra-vivid as well as exceptionally realistic.
Multi-Crop Function and Optimized Sheet Cutting
Your firmware upgrade includes improvements to the way your machine cuts. Custom crop in a few easy clicks and improve accuracy on stickers, labels, and other long run print/cut applications using the Crop Mark by Row function in VersaWorks 6.
More Efficient Cleaning Features
With the firmware update, automated cleaning cycles enable up to 54% less ink waste. In addition, an updated cleaning sequence automatically programs overnight cleaning.
|True Rich Color
| TR2 Ink
|Improved Cleaning Features
|3M MCS Warranty Certification
|Avery Dennison ICS Performance Guarantee Certification
|New Print-Cut Features
Additional Upgrade Features
|Quicker print/cut test pattern process|
|Updated sheet set-up sequence|
|New display features with temperature display during heat-up|
|Left and right-side alignment for cut calibration|
|Overcut function for sharp, clean-cut edges with easy-to-weed corners|
|Scale feature added to print/cut adjustment|
|More efficient menu navigation|
|Discover more features at our FAQ page|
Important Notes on this Upgrade:
- Output results with TR2 ink will be different from those of TR ink (TrueVIS INK).
- TR and TR2 ink cannot be used together. In addition, your device ink combination (CMYKCMYK, CMYKLcLmLk, CMYKLcLmLkWh) cannot be changed. Only the ink combination you are currently using is supported.
- The printing speed of VG series combined with new TR2 ink has changed in some modes.
- Various previous data settings in your RIP will need to be updated to meet the requirements of the upgraded VG-640/540. Your settings from before the upgrade cannot be used because they do not support TR2 ink.
- Before beginning the upgrade process, be sure to have ready, a set of new TR2 ink, a Cleaning Liquid Pouch for TR2 ink and a bottle of Manual Cleaning Liquid for TR2 ink. Unless you have these items on hand, you will not be able to complete the upgrade.