VersaUV LEJ-640 64" Flatbed Hybrid UV-LED Printer
LEJ-640FT Setting Media Height Manually
Document describing the methods for properly setting media height on LEJ-640FT
Set Media Height --- Manually
The Set Media Height function allows the operator to access the menu for selecting the surface setting action. Click here to download the full documentation.
1. Press Set Media Height.
2. Press Up or Down to select the preferred method:
• Use current position = The current height of the printer head will be used as the surface.
• Enter Media thickness = A specific media thickness entered by operator will be used as the surface.
• Auto Detect at Current Y Position = Measures automatically at the Current Y location without moving
To use: Enter Media thickness = A specific predetermined media thickness entered by operator will be used as the surface. The value of the Z-Media Offset must be either subtracted or added to the value depending on the type of sensor used.
The Z-Media Offset is the value above or below 0 where the Media Detection Sensor is set for the proper height to the material.
The following calculations must be included:
1. For Single Sensor Units: Subtract the Value of Z Media Offset.
2. For Dual Sensor Units: Add the Value of Z Media Offset.
Example: Single Sensor Units
The current Z-Media Offset of Roland’s Demo Room LEJ-640FT is 0.090”. The media being measured is .66”. The value to be entered in the Media Thickness window would be .57”.
June 25, 2018