Segment Manager, Small Business Solutions
Roland DGA is seeking a talented, highly motivated, experienced individual in the Home Crafting and Fabrication for Sale marketplace to take on a new challenge as Segment Manager to establish the Roland DGA Home Fabrication program for 2022 and beyond. Through close coordination with targeted channel partners, vendors relationships, and cross-functional Roland DGA support, this Segment Manager will drive activities aligned with business objectives, drive customer growth, and expand customer relationships by identifying and developing sales opportunities. Ideal candidates will live in or near a Roland DGA site for team gatherings, equipment access, and management reviews as needed.
JOIN THE ROLAND DGA FAMILY
Roland DGA Corporation is the U.S.-based marketing, distribution and sales arm of Roland DG Corporation of Hamamatsu, Japan, a worldwide leader in the sign, graphic arts, fine art, vehicle graphics, UV, photography, engraving and 3D modeling industries. Founded in 1981 and listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Roland DG is the world’s number one provider of wide-format inkjet printers for the durable graphics market. We are a nine-time winner of the Top Work Place Award in Orange County, offer a creative, team-oriented environment and a competitive compensation package, including continuing education and 401k match.
This position is responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of Roland DGA’s Small/Home-Based Business Solutions program. The Small Business Solutions Segment Manager will be responsible for driving the overall development of products, placement, promotions, application content, partnerships and branding of the company’s market segment. In addition, this position is also responsible for vendor engagement, e-commerce and working closely with the Roland DGA sales and marketing teams to develop a brand presence, channel strategy and partnerships. Success in this position requires professional experience in a small or home-based business, craft-for-pay and/or maker space (e.g., Cricut, Silhouette products and applications, or similar); plus the drive to develop and implement solutions for a home-based business program from the ground up, from product integration to content development; and the ability to be the subject matter expert and the face of Roland DGA’s Small Business product offerings and related programs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
• Bring your direct segment experience to bear, while working closely with Roland DGA colleagues, to develop our overall strategy, recommendations, and implementation guidance to deliver solutions that serve our growing Crafter/Maker/Digital Fabrication/Small Business marketplace.
• Drive Roland DGA North America Small/Home/Maker Business strategy, ensuring alignment with the company vision.
• Represent Roland DGA publicly via social media channels, trade events, and publications as the voice of Roland DGA Small Business Solutions.
• Provide direction and input for the overall Roland DGA solution, including the user experience, product/application workflows, and product roadmap for the Small Business segment.
• Develop and deliver value propositions that enable growth within existing accounts and capture new opportunities within the target segment(s).
• Works with and recommends channel partners and materials manufacturers to help build and maintain relationships with key partners.
• Identify opportunities by determining consumer requirements, competitor share/strengths/weaknesses, trends and growth drivers, and technology needs.
• Provide guidance to other departments in many aspects of the business segment, then delegate tasks with management support.
• Coordinate with product and sales teams on specific Digital Fabrication related SKUs, solution components, and programs.
• Interface with our marketing team in strategic partnerships, product seeding, and managing segment-related social media content/channels.
• Understand the Maker/ Home Business / Crafter-for-pay/ Digital Fabrication marketplace in the Americas and provide thoughtful ideas to drive product road-map, brand awareness, internal excitement and revenue growth.
• Monthly, Quarterly and Annual DGA program objectives & deliverables.
• Annual expense management
• Communication and accountability through employee reviews.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s degree
• Channel, Supplier, Materials, and working knowledge of common Small/Home Business equipment is a must.
• 3-5 yrs. of directly related market segment work experience: Running a successful small business, working for relevant supplier to Craft/Hobby/Maker market, SMB market management in related industry.
• Experience in Video and additional social/internet marketing and training activities.
• Extremely customer focused.
• Working knowledge of common Small Business (Line of site to Roland Relevance) manufacturers of blanks and components (SW, content, training, supplies, promos, etc) to deliver “Solutions” for that market.
• Interest and desire to become the “Market Expert” for DGA and our customers in this segment.
• Self Starter: ability to see a need, establish next steps and move forward.
• Strong commitment to personal learning
• Ability to coach, train, motivate and mentor a diverse group of employees and customers
• Oral, written and digital communication skills
• Ability to train large, medium and small groups of people
• Strong commitment to personal accountability
• Ability to see a task or action from concept to completion in a timely fashion
• Ability to meet deadlines and communicate issues
• Strong presentation development and delivery skills a must
• Self-awareness of one’s own limits and the ability to ask for assistance.
• Willingness to learn from others
• Willingness to not always be right and to approach situations with an open mind, listening to the point of view of others.
• High energy: commitment: the ability to succeed in a fast-growing company and dynamic industry
• Team player, results oriented, professional, self-motivated & innovative
• Must have excellent overall computing skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office applications in document composition, spreadsheet creation, presentation management along with familiarity with common home/small business design and output software
• Proven ability to attract, retain, and excite users and clients
• 3-5 years of directly related market segment work experience: Running a successful small business, working for a relevant supplier to Craft/Hobby/Maker market, and/or Small Business market management in related industry.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
TALKING: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
AVERAGE HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products or operate machinery.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally. (Almost all office jobs.)
NONE: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. (Such as in a typical office.)
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
Able to interpret a variety of technical instructions and can deal with multiple variables.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to compute discount, interest, profit, and loss.
Able to perform very simple algebra.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to read periodicals, journals, manuals, dictionaries, thesauruses, and encyclopedias.
Ability to prepare business letters, proposals, summaries, and reports using prescribed format and conforming to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction, and style.
Ability to conduct training, communicate at panel discussions and to make professional presentations.
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Roland DGA Corporation complies with all fair employment regulations.
Roland DGA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a policy ensuring that all employees and potential employees are considered for all positions on the basis of their qualifications and abilities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, pregnancy, ancestry, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability or other legally protected status.
About Roland DGA
Click here to learn more about Roland DGA
Please send your resumes to email@example.com
No phone calls please.