Director of Service
Under the direction of the Vice President of Services, the Director of Service will oversee all aspects of service within the organization. This position is responsible for the ongoing growth of the service revenue from billable service, contract sales, spare part sales, and other sources. The position will need to develop new Service Operating Procedures (SOP) which will introduce new service offerings. Facilitating the Services team to maintain the reputation of a premium service provider in our industries is another requirement. Working with the Sales Managers, the position will collaborate with the various departments on programs that will help drive sales of machines as well as Service revenue. These different service programs will need to be documented and shared with department leaders for complete communication. The Director of Service may also be needed for local tradeshow and training support, such as at a Roland Academy event. This position will interface with the Roland Care Global Team, which creates the direction of Service on a global basis. This is an Irvine-based position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
• Develop and direct management to ensure high level of customer satisfaction by our resellers and end users
• Expand non-parts revenue generating service activity to become a significant part of Roland DGA’s business
• Implement processes and systems that will deliver outstanding service to our end users as well as generate increased productivity and revenues
• Develops and monitors budgets, goals and objectives to ensure departmental profitability
• Ensure that Roland DG remains a brand known for reliability and outstanding customer support
• Resolve and troubleshoot complex sales and service issues with customers
• Create service programs to appeal to a wide variety of customer types
• Solicit feedback from service performed so we can continue to improve the level of service, which is provided, both to the end users, and with our resellers
• Evaluate key metrics to gauge the quality of service being provided to customers/dealers
• Coordinate logistics to ensure accurate replenishment, efficient logistics handling of service parts and the return of service parts
• Maintain relationships with multiple service providers, adding as necessary when underserved segments are identified
• Managing and directing a team of managers that are responsible for technical support representatives, field engineers, and third party service companies
• Ensure a high level of support and service by implementing ongoing training programs and evaluating service providers against benchmarks and KPI’s.
• Oversee call center to improve call efficiency, lower call abandonment and increase revenue through promotional programs and improved employee product knowledge and training.
• Establish, communicate, and implement service-related policies, practices, and standards to ensure effective and consistent support and execution.
• Perform competitor products and Service analysis
• Improvise changes in Sales and Service Strategies
• Participate in Dealer Service Training as needed
• Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies and trends in service management.
• Supports a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes positive work relationships with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
• Participate with the Roland Care Global Team providing strategic direction for the corporation.
• MBO’s, annual reviews, peer assessment
• Service Sales number increase in different areas
• Documentation creation and storage
• Quality of Customer Service in all interactions with customers, internal and external
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Undergraduate Degree, with an MBA preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE: Good understanding electro-mechanical hardware and graphic design software troubleshooting methodology; PC skills including a thorough familiarity with MS Office applications in document composition, metrics calculation (Excel) and presentation development.
Thorough knowledge of SalesForce CRM, Microsoft Sharepoint, and Microsoft Office Suite
Intimate knowledge of dealer service channel management
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Minimum of five years’ experience fielding contact center based support (or equivalent)
Minimum 3 years’ supervisory experience of technical services department (or equivalent)
SKILLS/ABILITIES: Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously to completion on deadline with excellent delegation skills
Works well independently; self-motivated.
Excellent verbal and written communication, including proven presentation ability.
Ability to lead a team through intrinsic motivation and achieve department strategy goals
Roland DGA Corporation complies with all fair employment regulations.
Roland DGA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a policy ensuring that all employees and potential employees are considered for all positions on the basis of their qualifications and abilities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, pregnancy, ancestry, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability or other legally protected status.
About Roland DGA
Click here to learn more about Roland DGA
Please send your resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.