The Database Administrator brings crucial database management and governance skills to Roland DGA’s business solutions and organization. The position will be responsible for developing, implementing, administrating, and maintaining Roland databases and the policies and procedures governing their access and use. Expertise in relational and multidimensional database schemas is a must. Other aspects of the position include maintaining existing OLAP (online analytical processing) cubes, applying data mining algorithms, writing queries, and designing SSRS reports. Additional responsibilities range from aggregating data from multiple sources in an efficient data warehouse to designing best in class reports and charts that wow employees and our customers. The position will be responsible for all aspects of designing, installing, monitoring, maintaining, integrating and performance tuning of RDGA’s database systems for development, user acceptance testing and production environments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
• Provide DBA support and troubleshooting skills to Roland IS projects.
• Debug, monitor, and troubleshoot application databases as needed.
• Write relational, multidimensional database queries, and stored procedures.
• Create and deploy reporting and dashboard solutions that solve real world business needs.
• Configure, deploy, and maintain database servers (i.e. patching, replications, installation)
• Monitor, investigate, and improve performance on Roland’s primary business systems.
• Work with the Operations team to implement database upgrades, backups and restores.
• Help mentor internal developers with performance tuning of T-SQL code.
• Provide timely support to systems and personnel inside limited maintenance windows, which may include nights and weekends.
• Work with users to identify and develop system requirements taking into account desired results, hardware limitations and operating requirements.
• Build and maintain the ETL layer for database warehousing.
• Develop new and maintain existing BI solutions.
• Monitor nightly SQL jobs and tasks, ensuring their successful execution.
• Help the company adhere to J-SOx requirements by enforcing key controls, performing required audits, documentation for change control and providing evidence for internal and external audits.
• Timely and accurate deliverables developed to specifications for projects as required
• Integrity of data maintenance and backups
• Monthly update of company metrics and reports
• Performance of primary business systems
• Performance of SQL jobs and integrations that support business systems
• Reliability and availability of data to all business systems
• Accurate documentation for adhering to J-SOx related key controls
• Performance against pre-defined/agreed upon objective plans
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or Software Engineering preferred.
- Microsoft SQL Server Certifications a plus.
• Must be familiar with current versions of Microsoft SQL (general database knowledge/experience), Application development experience in a Microsoft environment, Data Modeling/Relational Database Design
• Strong T-SQL and Stored Procedure coding abilities, familiarity with a .NET programming language extremely desirable
• Strong team working skills, an analytical nature, life-long learning and excellent written and oral communications skills are requirements for this position
• Ability to troubleshoot technical problems with beta and new release software, and research possible solutions using the internet and other available resources
• Experience with data analysis and data modeling
• Experience in optimizing databases; solid understanding of referential integrity and the use of indexes
• Support data transfers using SSIS, DTS packages (ETL) and data warehousing
• Effective Microsoft SQL Server Stored Procedures code design, and development
• Experience with data management, versioning of data, backups, etc.
• Ability to design and deploy SQL implementations of various flavors
• Experience in designing and deriving hardware and software requirements for various SQL implementations
• Ability to understand and manage SQL security models
- 2 - 5 years as a DBA with development and production support responsibilities
- 2+ years of experience with SQL Server Analysis Services and Report Manager/Reporting Services, SQL Server (2008 and newer) experience strongly preferred
- 2+ years of experience in multi-dimensional databases (OLAP) preferred, but not required
Roland DGA Corporation complies with all fair employment regulations.
Roland DGA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a policy ensuring that all employees and potential employees are considered for all positions on the basis of their qualifications and abilities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, pregnancy, ancestry, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability or other legally protected status.
About Roland DGA
Click here to learn more about Roland DGA
Please send your resumes to HR@RolandDGA.com
No phone calls please.