POSITION TITLE: Accounting Manager
POSITION REPORTS TO: Controller
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: All Accounts Payable Positions, Accounting Clerk, All Billing Positions
As a leader in the accounting department, the Accounting Manager ensures maintenance of the general ledger and intra company balances, supervises accounts payable and billing functions, performs account analysis and reconciliations, and prepares financial reports within designated timelines. The Accounting Manager oversees all aspects of Accounts Payable and assures that cash disbursements are properly approved and that vendors are paid in a timely manner. The Accounting Manager oversees all aspects of customer cash receipts and billings and ensures that customers are billed in a timely manner and that cash receipts are posted timely and accurately. The position reports to the Controller.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
• Manage Accounts Payable Functions
• Manage Billing Functions
• Oversee Customer Cash Receipts
• Analyze and reconcile General Ledger Accounts
• Heavy Month-End Close
• Prepare and enter journal entries
• Prepare monthly accruals
• Prepare financial and consolidation reports
• Perform P&L variance analysis
• Interact with external auditors
• Other projects assigned by the Controller or CFO
• Appropriate department policies and procedures are developed and updated as needed.
• Completion of tasks in a timely manner in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to multi task and set priorities between duties and projects
• Ability to effectively lead, motivate, and manage staff members
• Ability to produce accurate work
• Positive business relationships with team members and management
• Others as set by Supervisor and/or Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. Master’s Degree Preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- General knowledge of a broad array of business practices.
- Minimum of 7 years general accounting experience.
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory/managerial experience.
- Great Plains experience a plus.
- Ability to type minimum of 35 wpm accurately and use 10- key by touch
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient with MS Word, Outlook
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills
Roland DGA Corporation complies with all fair employment regulations.
Roland DGA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a policy ensuring that all employees and potential employees are considered for all positions on the basis of their qualifications and abilities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, pregnancy, ancestry, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability or other legally protected status.
About Roland DGA
Click here to learn more about Roland DGA
Please send your resumes to HR@RolandDGA.com Please include your salary history and current salary requirement.
No phone calls please.