Product Manager of Dental Solutions
The primary purpose of a Roland DGA product management is to make it as easy as possible for Roland DGA and its partners to market, sell and support Roland products.
The Product Manager – Dental Solutions is the lead advocate for dental milling products and technology within Roland DGA. This individual has key accountability on dental product line and is responsible for product communications both with Roland and with our external channel partners.
The Product Manager – Dental Solutions is the primary technical resource within Roland DGA for topics related to the operation and function of dental products. The Product Manager – Dental Solutions should be familiar with the dental laboratory market and should be understand the workflow of digital laboratories. A strong background in The Product Manager – Dental Solutions will be called on frequently to train internal and external personnel on dental CAD/CAM technology, as well as help validate workflows for new applications and procedures. This person will also be responsible for providing feedback on products and processes to Roland DG, and occasional high level troubleshooting. This person should be the voice of the customer for the company and be able to understand the growing and changing needs in the dental lab and clinical market. This person will also be responsible for positioning the product and identify different buyer personas to the marketing group. This will require strategic thinking along with the ability to logically work through various challenges faced in the dental market.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Work with various departments to deliver messaging about the product both internally along with external partners as well. Make sure that there is a positive brand and product awareness that comes from your messaging.
- Constantly be reviewing gaps in resources when it comes to the tools and assets needed to market, sell and support your product.
- Know the markets where your products make the most impact and be familiar with the competitive products customers will evaluate.
- Prepare new products for launch and control the go to market strategy. This included facts that will need to include the type of customer interested in the product, and how they make their purchasing decisions. Delivery of this information to Marketing will help them develop and deliver the creative messaging.
- Always be looking for new opportunities for partnerships, markets, and distribution changes that help increase sales and brand awareness.
- Test, evaluate, and document all findings on new and existing products. Processes and goals should be defined prior to work being started.
- Be the lead advocate and product expert, both technically and functionally. This includes the ability to use critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Develop the necessary tools that help market, sell, and support Roland products.
- Manage the Marketing development and distribution of product information: Intranet, dealer bulletins, tech/inside sales training. (responsible for direction and technical accuracy)
- Prepare and present webinars targeted to the dealer channel and end users.
- Contribute in media related communications – coordinate with marketing on media contacts.
- Travel as necessary for business trade show, customer site surveys, dealer events, and channel development
- trade show support including:
o Recommending and positioning of featured equipment
o Develop (or direct) show samples and deliver necessary presentations
o Press Interviews
o Product Demonstrations
- Manage, develop and edit marketing and technical documents and collateral
- Support a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that promotes positive work relationships with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Be the ethical, professional and social advocate representing the company and product line.
- Enjoy what you do and make sure your work benefits the company, revenue growth, or overall brand awareness.
- Additional requirements and duties per discussion with manager
- Involvement in the success of monthly sales - how are you contributing?
- Outcome of achievement of MBO goals and meeting deadlines (MBO’s to be set separately)
- Overall communication – Develops project plans that clearly define relevant goals, resources, actions, timeliness, and stakeholders
- Demonstrated initiative – are you taking action to get things accomplished.
- Knowledge, Work Quality and Execution – Understand and master skills, knowledge and tasks associated with your job
Education/Certification:Certified Dental Technician or equivalent experience preferred, Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or related experience
- Marketing generalist with product marketing and technical differentiation background.
- Good technical understanding to translate technical features into key benefits and differentiators; as well as to convert key requirements into key product specifications
- Familiarity with existing dental milling/scanning/3D printing industry users and manufacturers
- Strong knowledge of major restorative dental materials
- Technical understanding of specific applications software and outstanding computer/PC skills. Must be comfortable with major dental CAD/CAM applications: SUM3D, 3Shape CAD, and Exocad systems.
- Understand general dental laboratory benchwork and processes.
- 3+ years’ experience in a dental lab company, with a focus on digital technology (scanning, milling or 3D printing), or other related experience.
- Ability to travel periodically to trade-shows and trainings
- Ability to pragmatically analyze situations and contribute to a logical resolution.
- Ability to manage timelines and establish clearly defined goals and objectives
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Must convey product enthusiasm, energy and commitment
- Successfully manage change in a fast-growing company and dynamic industry
- Proactive product management skills
- Reactive problem resolution skills
- Excellent Oral and written communication
- Strong presentation development and delivery skills a must
- Ability to work closely with and lead programs for Sales, Marketing, Support, and Product Development
- Able to effectively manage individuals one on one and in a team environment
- Results-oriented, mature, innovative
- Proven ability to contribute to and manage marketing strategic plans.
- Must have excellent overall PC computing skills, including a thorough familiarity with MS Office applications in document composition, spreadsheet creation, and presentation management.
Roland DGA Corporation complies with all fair employment regulations.
Roland DGA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a policy ensuring that all employees and potential employees are considered for all positions on the basis of their qualifications and abilities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, pregnancy, ancestry, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability or other legally protected status.
About Roland DGA
Click here to learn more about Roland DGA
Please send your resumes to HR@RolandDGA.com
No phone calls please.