Imagine a tool that lets you make completely custom products for any patient, from a wide range of FDA-approved materials.
By starting with a solid object and removing unwanted material, Rolandís Subtractive Rapid Prototyping (SRP) solutions offer several advantages over 3D printers and other rapid prototyping systems.
3D Printing and Milling Machines
Since 1986, Roland has been at the forefront of 3D fabrication, delivering tens of thousands milling machines for a wide variety of applications, from subtractive rapid prototyping, rapid manufacturing, hobby, craft and jewelry making, to producing precision medical and dental prosthetics. Roland desktop and benchtop milling machines enable engineers and designers to produce highly accurate, functional parts and snap-fit prototypes quickly and inexpensively from a wide range of materials and software. Rolandís monoFab is a revolutionary new concept in desktop fabrication tools that combines the additive capabilities of 3D printing with the subtractive capabilities of milling, giving you even more 3D design choices to bring your imagination to life.
- Modern industrial design
- New, more powerful spindle motor
- Improved spindle and collet system
- Reduced noise and dust prevention from fully enclosed cover
- Benchtop CNC machine for rapid prototyping
- 4-axis, unattended milling
- Handles a wide variety of materials
- Generates a smooth surface finish
- G-code compatible
- Max. work area 12" (X) by 12" (Y) by 4.1" (Z) without rotary axis
- 4-axis, benchtop CNC machine for fast, accurate prototyping
- Bundled with user-friendly CAM software
- Handheld controller and virtual control panel for quick and easy set up
- Max. work area 19.6" (X) by 15.7" (Y) by 6.1" (Z) without rotary axis
- Optional specialty MDX-540S and MDX-540SA models available for enhanced precision and repeat accuracy
- Affordable, compact, and easy-to-use platform for exploring creativity
- Precisely mills 3D shapes, patterns and designs out of foam, wax, balsa wood and plastic
- iModela Creator, Roland’s 3D design software, is included, allowing users to mill shapes, holes, textures and patterns right out of the box